As part of Phi’s Research and Innovation Summit 2019, we are launching, for the first time, an open call for artists to demonstrate the correlation between art and science under the theme “ Connect for Science” through outstanding methods.
The Expo will take place at the King Hussein Bin Talal Convention Centre in the Dead Sea, Jordan on the 5th and 6th of August, 2019, over the span of two days.
- Applicants from all ages.
- All Arab nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Accepted applicants out of Jordan will receive the details of admission and accommodation.
- Teams shall only fill one application including one contact person that represents the team.
- Funding for materials requested will be decided upon approval.
- There are no fees for participation.
Deadline: June, 30th 2019 11:59 p.m.
Artists can participate in one or more of the following:
1. Opening or Closing Ceremony Performance
Artists should convey the theme ”Connect for Science” through a 10 – 20 min performance that will be presented at the beginning or the end of the summit. Performances such as: dance, music, acting/play and poetry done by individual or collective level are welcome to apply.
2. Art Expo
It’s for all disciplines that can address the theme “Connect for Science”, such as: animation, video art, film, Photography, installations, graffiti, painting, drawing, sculpture, architecture/ urbanism, programming, design at both the individual and collective level.
3. Graphic Recording
The recording shall include the summary of different lectures in the summit. Anyone with graphic and illustration skills can apply.